Current post: 2008 Canary Wharf London Motor Expo

Next post: 2008 British International Motor Show

Next next post: Day Trip to Brighton

Next next next post: Notting Hill Carnival 2008

My feelings

I'm officially broke..

Sunday 19 August 2007

My Project

For the past 2 days I was building this to make use of my free time. K'Nex Rippin' Rocket Roller Coaster.
2 days ago when I just started building, before dinner, it came out like in the picture below.
Yesterday at around 3p.m., I completed it. It took me 333 minutes to finish it. 2 launching motors to launch the car around the track. The highest point is around 160cm. The facts wrote that if it is in life size, the highest point will be around 15 storeys and the loop will be 3 storeys high. The speed of the car will be around 190km/h.
As it is a used unit, the launcher is not that powerful due to used batteries. I didn't manage to get new ones, so I need to modify the track so it can go around without stopping. I modified a bit at the lower part as you can see. The original is above and the modified one is below. I detached the track from the structure and the lowest part was lifted a bit higher so the car can go pass it by the limited momentum.
I tried to take some photos when the car is moving. Manage to catch this one without flash. Can you see the purple lines going up above the orange launcher motor?
I tried again last night with flash and managed to catch it when passing through the launcher.
Anyway, I edited a video which I took when the coaster is in action.

That's all. What do you think?

8 comments:

Angel Valerie said...

u told me about building something last time. so, u've already built something. how does it feel?

Jay said...

I feel happy and now building another one... need some more time to complete as I customized the new one and not exactly to instructions.

Jean said...

nice.. very nice~~

BublaKong said...

woww...it looks super fast leh

Jay said...

yea it's fast but not as fast already cos the battery is not as powerful as new one already. I need to modify the track to make it get through the lower part though.

Unknown said...

wow.. must be expensive huh..
but, it's cool!

Jay said...

not sure bout the price as it's not mine though.. yea... cool.. hehe..

Sabrina Woon said...

THIS IS SO COOL! Mini roller coaster.. not bad!!